Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ortiz, Manny, the Braves and...College Football?

Oh boy.

Miguel Tejada. Roger Clemens. Barry Bonds. Now Big Papi, David Ortiz. It seems like every month now, a new superstar is revealed to have used PED's or a banned substance. I mean, come on already. Why doesn't everyone who has taken some sort of drug, whether it be Tylenol or a Balco. drug, just come up and say it now. I mean, yes, these guys are supposed to be role models, but when almost every superstar has used the same method, it's just not a big deal anymore. Everyone pretty much knew Ortiz was using, granted his sharp decline over the past year. I know it's tainting the game and all that jazz, but I'd rather you come clean, not do it again, and keep doing what this country loves to see done: the game of baseball. As for Manny, he's done his time, so I'm gonna cut him some slack.

To my Braves, let's just the Wild Card is within flying distance. With the Phils landing Lee, I think we have a legit shot at taking the wildcard. With one of the finest starting rotations in the NL and a great closer in Rafael Soriano, the Braves bats are what needs to come through. With a great series win in Milwaukee, then a series loss in Florida, it comes now to a big home stand against the Dodgers to see where Hotlanta is headed.

Now, it's almost August, and college football is lurking. You got 2010 National Champions in 2009 the Florida Gators returning everyone, a USC team who I would love to see Florida play, a new coach in Central New York's sport's team, and a Big Ten Conference that could be won by five teams. I want reactions, and predictions for this coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment