Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Post: Many Things

Well, this is interesting. My debut being a "blogger" on this thing they call the internet. I must say, it is interesting, rambling here and there about various things but for all you interested in this blog, it will mainly be about sports, but will contain hard news here and there.

The other main culprit behind this blog will be none other than my elder brother, Steve Moscaritolo. True, we have our differences in opinion, team favs, etc., but all in all, I will provide commentary, he will give analysis.

My main objective is to keep you all updated on my opinion concerning my favorite sports teams. The Atlanta Braves (paramount), San Francisco 49ers, Michigan Wolverines, New York Rangers, New Jersey Nets and Soccer as a whole. I will provide my thoughts on these clubs, as well as nation and league wide views. As Steve will show, he will write about the "Evil Empire," New York Yankees mainly.

So, as my first "post," I will comment first on the Braves 6-3 road trip they concluded yesterday against the Mets. If anything else, it was another trip where I was questioning Bobby Cox's decisions and, as usually happens, he was right. In Florida, it was timely hitting that crushed the Fish, fantastic pitching that took two of three from the defending world champs, and then a typical Met bullpen collapse that us to escaper with two of three. If only Jo-Jo Reyes could get a win sometime this century-he's lost his last 9 CONSECUTIVE DECISIONS. He got a no-decision Tuesday. Hopefully, home-cooking will kick-in when we welcome the NL West worst Diamondbacks tomorrow.

Ah, now I almost forgot. I go to Syracuse, and we just picked up this guy named Greg Paulus to be our starting QB. Sorry freshie Ryan Nassib, but you're probably going to have to wait. Now, I hope he realizes he's 6'1" playing against the likes of Big East defensive ends and behinds on of the worst offense lines which, two years ago, was second to last in sacks allowed (behind only Notre Dame hahaha). But hey, I guess it's another decision, kinda like the one to play point guard for Duke, then have your position taken away by Gerald Henderson senior year.

Well, that'll be all for my first post. I will be up in Cuse this weekend to watch the no. 2 Orange lacrosse team take the field vs. Maryland. Should be a tight game. And for all you Lost fans, is everyone dead? What's Juliet doing? In the word's of Dennis Quaid, "I picked a helluva day to quit drinking."

3 comments:

  1. The greatest day of my life was when greg paulus graduated from CBA to go anywhere else. Now Syracuse's wonder boy is returning. Like I needed a reason to avoid watching Syracuse football before, this puts it over the edge. It looks like the greg paulus world tour has hit its last stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Paulus will be is a ticket seller for the local folks who thought he was the "next coming" in 2004. Let's face it, Cuse needs to rebuild all over the place, even in the coaching ranks...and Paulus being there for one year is not going to help that cause. But hey, maybe he'll get a Masters Degree out of it huh?

    I'll give him credit on having a great High School career at CBA...but what kind of competition did they really play? Would his teams compete with other teams in Texas and Florida, where the skill levels are the highest? People who say "Yes" could be right...I mean he did have scholarship offers from Miami and Notre Dame to play football, and he was a Gatorade Player of the Year Winner, and you do not get those things without being a stud player.

    However, I look at it this way...what if you had a choice of taking Paulus, or let's say Mark Sanchez, out of High School...both had great numbers and played well in their respective High School leagues, but really...I think most would probably side with Sanchez. There's just something about Paulus that gives me zero confidence in his ability to lead a team, especially in a sport that he has not played competitively in 4 years. Looking at it that way, Cuse almost looks crazy giving him a shot at the helm, for what? One year.

    O that's right...the football crowds are supposed to be bigger than the lacrosse crowds...I guess the program just needs something to talk about....Who really cares about logical decisions anyway?

    SM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually paulus was around when mike hart was.

    To bad hart played in section D and paulus was in A

    ReplyDelete